Leigh Sports Village Stadium is a multi-million pound complex and has a spectator capacity of 11,000. The state of the art high quality performance and training facilities include:
- High tech Desso Grassmaster playing surface
- Under-pitch heating
- Microprocessor controlled, centrally located water irrigation system
- High Definition foodlighting
- Large video screens (internal and external)
- Four sets of changing rooms
- Two sets of officials changing rooms
- Physiotherapy/medical rooms
- TV broadcasting facilities/gantry
- Easily accessible and elevated disabled viewing areas
- Boardroom/Directors Lounge
- Private members bar/club
- 10 food and drink kiosks
- 22 corporate boxes
- Banqueting facilities
- The ability to hold concerts and major events with its dynamically loaded specification
- Sports pavilion/changing rooms
- Floodlit 3rd generation artificial sports pitches, including a full-size rugby league pitch
- Floodlit grass sports pitches
- Sports Centre (swimming pool, gym, sports hall and fitness rooms)
- Athletics stadium, with a covered sprinting track
Leigh Sports Village Stadium has hosts a number of high profile events, such as England v France Rugby League International, Armed Forces Day, 10k Legacy Race and many more. It is also the home for Leigh Centurions Rugby League Club and the venue for Blackburn Rovers Premiership Reserves team.
To view upcoming events, please click here
“I just want to put on record my personal thanks for all your help in the run up to the Rugby League International and particularly on matchday itself. The event ran very smoothly which is testament to you and your staff”.
Julie Turton, Events Executive, The RFL
"Leigh Sports Village Stadium is an excellent facility and as importantly is staffed by a committed and very helpful team who know their roles. Our visit was excellent from beginning to end complimented by excellent service”.
David Tarry, Chief Executive, Salford City Reds
“Sky Sports have been filming Leigh Sports Village for a number of seasons and always had a first class experience. The administration and staff are second to none, providing continued support and meeting every requirement...access to the facility is perfect and with the stadium having such high specification top quality facilities, such as floodlighting allowing for high definition broadcasting, makes Leigh Sports Village a pleasure to work within”.
Kevin Connor, Production Manager, Sky Sports