The purpose of this Code of Conduct is to reduce the risk of COVID-19 being spread when fans attend Manchester United matches* at Leigh Sports Village stadium. It is everyone’s responsibility to protect themselves and others. Remember to always act in ways which reduce the risk of exposure and transmission of the virus.
This Code of Conduct must be read and adhered to by everyone attending matches played at Leigh Sports Village stadium until further notice. It applies in addition to the relevant Terms and Conditions, Club Sanctions and Ground Regulations which are all available to view at Leigh Sports Village Ground Regulations – Leigh Sports Village.
Please be aware that government and local authority policy may change throughout the season, potentially at short notice. Supporters planning to attend should always follow the latest requirements and advice. In turn, this Code of Conduct may be updated at any time as the situation changes and should be read each time you plan to visit Leigh Sports Village stadium.
Should you attend?
1. You should not attend matches being played at Leigh Sports Village stadium if applicable government guidance prevents you doing so, for example, because you have been asked to self-isolate by NHS Test and Trace; are required to isolate after travel; or because you are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms (including a high temperature, new and persistent cough, or a loss of/change in sense of taste or smell), even if these symptoms are mild.
2. Everyone must consider their health, age, and clinical vulnerability before deciding to attend. Visit nhs.uk for guidance. Please be aware that the Club or Leigh Sports Village cannot completely eliminate the risk of COVID-19. Therefore, if you feel uncomfortable with the risk, you should not attend.
3. While many COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, please be respectful of others and responsible in your behaviour. Inconsiderate, reckless or anti-social behaviour by anyone visiting Leigh Sports Village stadium will not be tolerated.
- You must not engage in any conduct that is intended to transmit the COVID-19 virus to another person or any conduct that can be reasonably construed to be intending to transmit the COVID-19 virus to another person.
- Please respect those working at Leigh Sports Village stadium. You must always follow signage and instructions issued by staff. If you have any concerns please contact your nearest steward.
6. All fans are encouraged to download the NHS COVID-19 app and check-in at the stadium. This will help to reduce the spread of the virus and protect other fans.
- We encourage everyone to use lateral flow tests to test themselves for COVID-19 before they attend Leigh Sports Village stadium. Visit gov.uk to order kits to your front door or to find a collection location.
- Please continue to wear a face covering when you are indoors at Leigh Sports Village stadium if you can. Although the legal requirement to wear a face covering in England ended on 19 July, the government recommends that people continue to wear a face covering in crowded and enclosed spaces. Exemptions apply. If you wish to use an exemption card or badge, you can .
9. If you feel unwell, particularly with a cough or temperature, contact your nearest steward immediately.
10. Maintain good hand hygiene and avoid touching your face whenever possible. There will be sanitiser dispensers provided. If you touch any common areas (for example handrails) please sanitise your hands immediately.
11. Observe good respiratory etiquette at all time – cover your mouth to cough or sneeze.
Arrival at the Stadium
12. Please give plenty of time for the journey to Leigh Sports Village stadium to ensure early arrival, to go through all entry procedures and to avoid queues.
13. Please avoid gathering in congested areas.
14. Kiosks will be open and food and non-alcoholic drinks should be consumed in your seat.
- To reduce the risk of transmission please pay via contactless and cashless payments where possible, cash payments will still be accepted.
16. Please remain in your seat whenever possible.
17. COVID-security requires that everyone must remain seated whilst watching the game.
Thank you in advance for your co-operation.
* Matches refers to all Manchester United matches in which Manchester United Women’s team or any Manchester United Academy team participates in across all relevant competitions and including any friendly matches’.