Salary Guide: From £22k, subject to experience
Full time: 40 hours
Leigh Sports Village is a pioneering multi-sector development and is now one of the finest sporting hubs in the Northwest. The Sports Village provides state of the art facilities for sport, education, wellbeing, leisure and culture and serves the local community and the region.
The stadium is at the heart of the complex which is home to Leigh Leopards Rugby League Club, Manchester United Women’s and Manchester United’s U23s football teams. The stadium hosts mainstream concerts such as Elton John & Lionel Richie and major sporting events. In 2022 the Sports Village also hosted both the UEFA Women’s European Football Championships and Rugby League World Cup.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Special Events & Marketing Sales Coordinator to join our sales team. We are looking for a highly motivated & passionate individual who can demonstrate excellent customer service skills. You will be tasked to professionally manage and coordinate a variety of events, therefore exceptional attention to detail skills are required.
Your key responsibilities, will be: –
- To be responsible for the co-ordination of primarily weddings & special events, however you will also assist with conference bookings as part of the sales team. You will be responsible from the initial enquiry, generating the proposal and successfully communicating the client requirements to the operations team; whilst always ensuring excellent customer service.
- Responsible for delivering show rounds in a professional yet memorable manner.
- Support the Conference Sales & Events Manager to meet budgetary targets and ensure all weekly billing is accurate and prepared within set deadlines.
- Responsible for social media & marketing for the sales department
- Support the Stadium on match days.
- To support reception cover, subject to business requirements
- Be proactive, organised and able to work to deadlines.
The successful applicant will need to provide experience in a similar role/environment, full understanding of social media/marketing channels and hold Maths and English GCSE (A-C grade or equivalent).
You must be able to work well in a team, provide flexible working pattern that fits in with the needs of the business.
Closing Date: Friday 17th March 2023
To apply please send your CV along with a covering letter detailing your current position, your salary/grade and explain why you would be suitable for this role to:- Samantha.OShaughnessy@leighsportsvillage.co.uk
A full job description can be provided upon request.