LEIGH YOUTH HUB – PRIVACY NOTICE
What information do we collect?
We collect information about Members of the Leigh Youth Hub and their parents or guardians.
Membership consent forms include:
- Contact details including your name, home address, telephone and email details and similar details of your parents or guardians and details of your school and travel arrangements,
- personal information by which you can be identified including your age, date of birth and gender,
- Special categories of information (Sensitive data) are also collected including racial or ethnic origin, physical or mental health conditions and any disability or special needs.
Why is this information collected?
The primary purpose for collecting this information is to enable us to provide you with services and facilities at the Hub and to ensure that these meet your personal requirements. Contact details enable us to provide you with information about our facilities and to make relevant contacts in emergency situations. The information helps us to plan for and administer the delivery of services and activities and to provide an overview of programme delivery for the company, the local authority and funders.
Does anyone else receive this information?
Your information may be shared with third parties where this is necessary to provide specific services for you. We may also share your personal information with statutory and regulatory bodies where there is a legal requirement for this. Where there is a need to protect or support a young person, we may share information with relevant agencies to ensure their welfare.
Where information is shared with third parties to assist in funding or to provide information on project or programme delivery then your information, particularly sensitive data, is anonymised unless this is required for audit purposes when steps are taken to ensure confidentiality.
How long do we retain this information?
We will only keep personal data for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
We are permitted to retain and use your personal information in the manner and for the purposes described above providing that we process your information under at least one of the following bases:
- You have given us consent,
- It is necessary for the performance of a contract between us or in order to take appropriate steps prior to us entering such a contract,
- It is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation placed on us,
- It is necessary for us to protect your (or another persons’) vital interests,
- It is within the public interest,
- It is within our (or another person’s) legitimate interests (unless such interests are overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms which require protection of personal data)
If you ask us to delete your information, we will give careful consideration to your request in accordance with your rights under data protection legislation. If there is no lawful reason/basis for us to retain your information we will delete it on request. However please note that there may be some circumstances where we are unable to delete all or some of your information at the time of your making such a request if it is necessary for us to retain the information (or some of it) for another lawful reason such as compliance with a legal obligation upon us. If you ask us to delete your information and it is not possible for us to delete all of it, we will delete any information that we do not otherwise need to retain.
You have the right to request from us access to and rectification or erasure of your personal information or restriction of processing concerning you or to object to processing as well as the right of data portability. If we process your data on the basis of your consent, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time (although this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing which occurred on the basis of your consent prior to its withdrawal).
If you have any questions about this Privacy Notice and /or how your personal data is used or wish to correct or update your personal information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address:
Leigh Sports Village Limited
Where to make a complaint if you feel that your data has been mis-used
Information Commissioner’s Office
You can also contact the Information Commissioner’s Office using their online form https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/